I hope you have found some useful applications of my previous posts and created a couple lists relying on HTML calculated columns.
At this point, let’s not forget that all the customizations were entirely done through the SharePoint UI (as opposed to customizations done with SharePoint Designer for example). Which means that you now have the possibility to save your lists as templates and reuse them.
The steps are easy, let me review them quickly:
1/ Customize the list:
– create your SharePoint list
– create the calculated columns with the HTML formulas
– add the CEWP and the script on the display page (dispform.aspx), under the list
– modify the default view, add other views as needed
2/ Save the list as template
– Settings | List Settings | Save list as template. The template has a .stp format
– click on “go to the list template gallery”
– Click on the template name
– In the pop-up window click on save, and save it to your local drive
3/ Use the template:
– In the new site collection: go to Site Actions | Site Settings | Galleries | list templates
– Upload the template
– go to Site Actions | Create, the template is available in the list!
The steps in green are only needed if you want to use the template in another site collection, or send it to a friend.
Note that the HTML rendering will only work in the default list views (dispform.aspx, etc.). If for example you drop the list on your home page, you’ll also need to add a CEWP with the script.